Jul 7, 2008

emo/scene

I came across this site the other day that, just caught my attention. The site was titled your scene sucks, It seemed like a game where you pick if you're an emo, metal head, whatever. I honestly didn't even pick a person lol. What truely inspired me to write about this site is mainly one 'hate' email the creator got that made me laugh... pretty hard.

" so your saying you dont believe in emo? WELL THEN YOU DONT BELIEVE IN EMOTIONS thats all it is people who like to express themselves not hide there emotions and pretend there tough when there sad they will show when they are in love they will show it when they are angry they will show it so dont tell me there is no such thing as emo "

The bolded line made me laugh the most. I'm thinking, WOW! Is he saying if you're not emo you don't show emotion? Bahaha. I wish I could email him. I personally don't label myself anything but myself, I try not to label or categorize others, but seriously, when you see a group of kids all wearing the hidious tight jeans, all w/ tshirts that could possibly be different but they're all band shirts from the same music genre, they all have the studded belts, crazy make up, and most them have crazy hair, or the same haircut as person next to them.... but yet this group claims to all be individuals. In my opinion, yes, everyone is different, but no, that doesn't make everyone individuals.

I'm proud to consider myself an individual, I dress in the same clothes I've had for awhile, yes they are mainly band tshirts, but they are from various genres. I haven't gone clothes shopping in the past year to make sure I get whats in style at that time. I shop at hot topic, but I like to shop gordmans, target, or aeropostal. I like to think I don't fit into a label. I will admit I don't shop at american eagle and hollister b/c I'm not going to pay 80 bucks for a pair of jeans or 30 dollars for a tshirt. I buy anything comfortable.

I will say that I do make fun of emo's occasionally for the very reason that they all look the same. And most are dolts like the one from the above statement. Many other emails I read were similar people crying about the site. I don't hang out with anyone really considered "emo" but from what I gather it seems to make them mad to get called emo or being made fun of for looking like one, but yet... isn't that what they called themselves, called... not call b/c like I said I dunno lol. But I do know that they need to learn some concert etiquette. I went to a red jumpsuit apparatus show. I like them, so I was somewhat near the front, then next thing I know some guy with pants tighter than mine lands on my head and we throw him to the ground. I look behind me and LITERALLY these kids are running and their friends are throwing them and launching them through the air, only to crash onto someones head. I'm thinking are you fucking kidding me? Crowd surfers piss me off enough, but atleast we can expect them somewhat and see them coming. If someone is being launched from behind me, I can't see that coming cause the mother fucker is flying in the air.... I can almost guarantee that at a metal show, people won't be that stupid.

I've gone to concerts for about 6 years now and have never been around so many idiots in one venue. I've been to shows and got sucked into a mosh pit and had compete strangers stop just to make sure I don't get hurt. I don't mosh much I like to watch the show lol, but it used to be common courtesy to watch out for others when your at a show, but now its like a competion to be the biggest jackass. *rolls eyes* Oh well.

Thanks for reading!
♫♪Sarah♪♫

No comments: