Jul 9, 2008

what is it about music?

I don't know about anyone else but music is fucking awesome in my opinion. I didn't really start to get into music until I was 13/14, but ever since its been a passion of mine. My first real awesome concert was when my mom took me to see Evanescence when I was 14. It was amazing. Evanescence is one of the first bands where I felt connected to the music. If anyone is like me they know what I'm saying. Here is I guess the main reasons for my love of music.

Photobucket

To me, that kind of explains it all. Music is expression, and most songs can tell a story. Whether its a story of love, hate, pain, or sadness, most songs can explain a lot if you just listen. Ever dedicate a song to someone because you just couldn't find the words to say what the song explains perfectly? lol. I just love the expression you can get from listening to some songs. Staind is one of my all time favorites, Aaron Lewis, is the king. His voice mixed w/ his lyrics, could make me cry if its the right song lol. I think its an awesome talent to be able to write something out, put music to it, and you can just feel the emotion w/ every word that is sang. So many times when listening to music I just zone out into the song. I'm not good at writing or expressing things w/ words, so for me to be able to connect w/ a song is just an awesome release.

There are songs I can listen to that just can take me back in time. One in particular is Into the Mystic by Van Morrison. I LOVE this song. My grandpa was a big Van Morrison fan and would listen to him a lot. I spent a summer at his house about 1 year before he died. This (listening to it now :D ) was the only song played at his funeral. It was a very sad day of course, and seriously this song gives me chills and tears almost every time I play it. Every time I hear it I remember him and everything about him, and it makes me sad b/c I miss him, but still just reminds me of how cool my g-pa was which makes me smile. For me I love how a song can capture that memory and emotion in it every time I hear it.

I listen to a variety of music, so for me, the ultimate deciding factors on if I like a song or not, are basically if its got good rhythm, maybe some good guitar shreds in there, if I can sing along, or headbang lol. The singer for me usually has to have a good voice, not always, but most the time. It sells a song for me if the lyrics follow the music and if the vocals are awesome, and real. I appreciate real talent, I have to say that I most likely would never go to a rap show, b/c from what I can see its the person and their 'crew' rapping along w/ the track, sure the main guy will do most of it while the crew throws in random 'uhs' and 'yeah' and occasionally will sing along w/ the track... Sorry I don't want to hear someone sing/rap over their own track... not too cool, just as if you were to lip sync.

There is nothing better than going to a show though. Nothing like being up front w/ the performers practically sweating and screaming in your face. I love the venue in my town called the Cains Ballroom. Its an old venue, w/ wood floors, that are spring loaded. You get enough people to jump it can be like a trampoline lmfao. But nothing like packing that place full of mother fuckers ready to rock out. The final touch for me is the live performance, if they sell it or not lol. I love the bands that get on stage and are just as ready to go crazy as you and that can just work the crowd. No one likes to just stand there staring at a stage of people standing in one spot, I don't think haha.

Well,
Thanks for reading!
♫♪Sarah♪♫

No comments: